Friday 18 February 2011

Flashback Friday - Me, Tina and the beloved Vauxhall

Well, as I'm useless I've only just discovered the lovely Karin has started a new blog hop of 'golden oldie' photos.  I absolutely adore looking at old photos so I'm really looking forward to this one!


This is little old me outside our old house in a village called Mynydd Isa.  It was probably taken in about 1977-1978 I reckon as we moved from this house in 1979 when I was almost 5.  That's not a stuffed toy, that's the family dog - a toy poodle called Tina who I used to wind up something rotten...poor pooch.

Star of the show though (and probably the reason my Dad took this photo) is the trusty old Vauxhall Cresta in the background.  My Mum & Dad actually met at Vauxhalls in Luton, Bedfordshire so they have ALWAYS had Vauxhall cars.  Even now my Dad drives an Omega and my Mum drives a Corsa. Sad.

Why not air your photo memories and link up with Karin?

14 comments:

Karin @ Cafe Bebe said...

Thank you lovely! What a truly special photo! I love it...and the car! Coooolllll! ;) Let me know if you need me to link it up...I know Linky isn't playing nicely these days.

Thanks so much for joining in and helping to promote it.

Karin

Anonymous said...

I'll bet I could produce an almost identical photo given access to my Mum & Dad's albums!

Thought you were doing I'm a little teapot til I eventually saw the dark splodge sat at your feet, hehe :D x

Emma said...

I have a very similar photo - not a vauxhall though! Think it was just a coincidence the cars in mine though, it wasn't all that great!

Jenny said...

Tee hee great flashback photo! Yes, it appears we are both 1974 babies :) vintage indeed! And you are doing the hand on hip pose LOL

This Mid 30s Life said...

What a great photo. And how shiny is that car!!

Inside the Wendy House said...

How sweet!! Your parents clearly love their Vauxhalls...such brand loyalty :)

CherishedByMe said...

Oh absolutely love this photo. I had quite a few similar dresses. :)

QWERTY Mum said...

What a little sweetie - great pose xx

Trish@Show and Tell said...

Great pic!
I thought you might have been going to add an extra bit of juicy goss about the Vauxhall, Heather (eg. perhaps you were conceived in the back seat?? Just saying...your parents certainly do seem particularly attached to the brand. Fond memories perhaps??? :)

Have a great weekend.

Trish
x0x

New Mum Online said...

Hee hee, Trish's comment made me giggle.

SAHM thank you for your lovely comment.

Love your photo.

My Mum and Dad had a gorgeous white rover when I was that age. Wish I had a photo of it. Black leather interior. THAT's when they knew how to make cars.

You have a lovely weekend too......
Liska xxx

Emma@christmascupboard said...

What a Fab photo! Great idea for a blog hop...will pop over and join in x

Kami said...

what a wonderful theme for a blog post! I too love looking at old photos!

jazzygal said...

Lovely photo and wonderful Blog Hop idea! I can't seem to scan photos through properly though.

xx Jazzy

Looking for Blue Sky said...

I just love old photos and this one is brilliant :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...