Friday 18 February 2011

I'm back...and I'm cheerful again!

I've been in on the wonderful Michelle's Reasons To Be Cheerful from the start but I've been absent the last couple of weeks.  Basically I've been in a bit of a shitty place.  It's been building for a while but I finally went over the edge due to a couple of reasons, one that I can't talk about right now.  BUT...the good news is I'm feeling much more myself and am getting back on form so here goes...

1. My life

I'm truly blessed in my life.  I have a wonderful daughter and an incredible husband. Yes, he's fractured his ankle.  Yes, he's a waste of space at the moment.  Yes, I'm doing everything for him.  But you know what?  It's temporary.  I've had my nose in a lot of blogs over the past few weeks and some of the heartache and problems that people are going through are unreal - I can't even begin to imagine what things are like for them. I on the other hand have just been feeling sorry for myself over problems that pale into insignificance compared to others.  I should be thankful for what I've got...and I am.

2. Laughter

The laughter in my life this week is mainly down to my daughter.  She's just turned 23 months and she's hilarious.  Today we went into town together and she was just amazingly cute.  Of course we just HAD to go to the Disney Store or "Minnie Mouse Shop" as she calls it.  She's obsessed with Minnie Mouse and as soon as we get anywhere near it she starts running down the street squealing "Miiiiiinniiiiieeeee Mooooouse" really loudly which delighted all the shoppers passing us.  Then we went to Starbucks, as a treat, for coffee and cake (coffee was just for me obviously) where she entertained the patrons with her newly acquired Minnie ears!

3. A 'free' meal

My best friend is going through a truly awful time at the moment and I'm supporting her as best I can.  We decided we both needed a break and a nice treat so we booked a table for 2 at a lovely French restaurant last night.  We had a lovely evening and a really good long natter for a few hours over 4 courses and some wine with no distractions.  My husband demanded he paid for our treat so he sent me out with his credit card.

Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy with a Heart

What are your reasons to be cheerful this week?  Join in the hop...






11 comments:

Inside the Wendy House said...

Glad to have you back in the land of cheer!! I love Freya's Minnie Mouse ears...Disney rocks!! xxx

QWERTY Mum said...

Good that you are feeling better and lovely reasons to be cheerful x

New Mum Online said...

Hi, sorry about your "shitty" weeks. Even if others are worse off, it's all relative, and 'm glad it sounds like you're over the worst of it.

Lovely that the mini 23 month old keeps you cheerful. Couldn't resist the pun soooorrrry.

Thanks for stopping by and have a good weekend, Liska x

MummyDichotomy said...

That's good that you're out the other side and feeling more positive - I do like your free meal. I wish my OH would send me out with his credit card!

Anonymous said...

Well, sounds like you have a wonderful husband, a lovely little Minnie Mouse fan daughter and a lovely best friend. No wonder you are cheerful!

Vickie said...

Love it, glad to have the Heather we know and love back xxx

Unknown said...

I love you reasons to be cheerful, they've actually made me feel pretty happy :) And I really wanted to say thank you for the comment you left on my blog the other day, it meant a lot to me xxx

Unknown said...

you can't underestimate the healing power of a good laugh! That came out more 'new agey' that it was meant to lol

ESTWILL @ Edspire said...

Lovely reasons for cheer. Your daughter is adorable x

MichelleTwinMum said...

Your night out with your girlfriend sounds amazing and completly needed. So glad you are feeling more cheery again. Mich x

Anonymous said...

I don't know if it's just me or if everybody else encountering issues with your website.
It looks like some of the text in your posts are running off the screen.

Can someone else please provide feedback and let me know if this
is happening to them too? This could be a issue with my internet
browser because I've had this happen previously. Cheers

Here is my homepage :: www.nude-teensex.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...