Thursday 17 February 2011

Stop! Baguette Thief!

The fabulous Paula over at Qwerty Mum has come up with a lovely linky to share the things that our kids do - both naughty and nice it would seem (just have a look at Bloggomys entry in particular ewww).  Also re-posting for the lovely Jen at The King And Eye for Blog Gems.

Only 2 days ago I had slow-cooked a rather delicious stew - even though I do say so myself - and I had 2 baguettes to warm in the oven so we could eat it with some nice crusty bread.  The stew was finishing off nicely and I was sat at the dining table sorting some paperwork.  The baguettes were, so I thought, on the worktop ready to go in the oven 5 minutes before we were due to eat.  My daughter had been playing with her HappyLand toys, or so I thought,  in the lounge.

Next thing I hear her running full pelt across the laminate floor of the hall and into the kitchen whizzing past me at record speed saying "Hello Mummy" and then as I turn around she's running towards me to go back out of the kitchen shouting "Bye Bye Mummy" whilst laughing.  At this point I realise she has something in her hand.  A baguette!  I grab her before she darts away and I manage to remove the food item from her tiny clutches.  She giggles and says "Bye Bye Mummy" again and she runs off back to the lounge.

I walk back into the kitchen to put the baguette back on the work top with its partner and as I do I suddenly realise that I'm down a baguette.  I look around the kitchen work surfaces wondering if I've put it somewhere else, I even check the fridge (I seem to have developed a weird habit of putting random objects in our fridge) but nothing.

Then it dawns on me.  I dash into the lounge and this is what greets me...

Butter wouldn't melt


The Things Kids Do   

7 comments:

QWERTY Mum said...

Love it! Especially the look of perfect innocence.
Thanks for linking :)

MmeLindt said...

Sweet. I caught my son with a slice of bacon in his mouth - he thought it was parma ham. #poncyparenting

This Mid 30s Life said...

Oh look! Butter absolutely wouldn't melt. Aren't you pleased you got a photo of that moment! x

Anonymous said...

Just the picture of innocence, had she not been caught red-handed. That photo is definitely a keeper!

Inside the Wendy House said...

Still love it....you were above me in Blog Gems! I like how you say you randomly put things in the fridge...I tried to put a boiled kettle in the cupboard the other day! When will my baby-brain ever recover! xxxx

Jenny said...

Ha ha it's amazing how fast (and sneaky) they can be when they want o be isn't it? She looks like butter wouldn't melt! Brightened up my day and made me smile :) thanks x

kathleen said...

What a great photo!! I put strange things in the fridge too! and the cupboards...sigh. :) Over from blog gems..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...