Thursday, 27 January 2011
The Wonderful *cough* Memetastic Award
I was originally tagged last week by All For Aleyna and I've been putting it off and since Metal Mummy double tagged me today I thought I'd better get this in before some other bugger tags me. Thanks guys *rolls eyes*
So, what the hell is this 'gorgeous' award? Well it was started by Jillsmo and she made the following rules (I've copied and pasted directly from Jillsmo's blog as I'm lazy like that and crystal and china doesn't polish itself ya know):
1. You must proudly display the absolutely disgusting graphic that I have created for these purposes (put it in your post, you don't have to put it in your sidebar, I think that would seriously be asking too much). It's so bad that not only did I use COMIC SANS, but there's even a little fucking jumping, celebrating kitten down there at the bottom. It's horrifying! But its presence in your award celebration is crucial to the memetastic process we're creating here. If you need a higher resolution version... I totally have one!!
2. You must list 5 things about yourself, and 4 of them must be bold-faced lies. Just make some shit up, we'll never know; one of them has to be true, though. Of course, nobody will ever know the difference, so we're just on the honor system here. I trust you. Except for the 4 that you lied about, you lying bastards! But don't go crazy trying to think of stuff, you'll see by the example I've set below that we're not really interested in quality here.
3. You must pass this award on to 5 bloggers that you either like or don't like or don't really have much of an opinion about. I don't care who you pick, and nobody needs to know why. I mean, you can give a reason if you want, but I don't really care.
4. If you fail to follow any of the above rules, I will fucking hunt your ass down and harass you incessantly until you either block me on Twitter or ban my IP address from visiting your blog. I don't know if you can actually do that last thing, but I will become so annoying to you that you will actually go out and hire an IT professional to train you on how to ban IP addresses just so that I'll leave you alone. I'm serious. I'm going to do these things.
5. This one isn't actually a rule, but once you do the above, please come back here and link up to the Memetastic Hop so that I can keep track of where this thing goes.
Right, so here are my 5 things. Can you spot the odd one out? Answers on a postcard to: I couldn't really care less, PO Box 999, Someone beam me up now....(well, leave them below and maybe you'll win a prize...or maybe not)
1. When I was 14 I represented my county in the 100 metres at some Welsh sports event that I can't even remember the name of. Shows how much I cared.
2. I have an irrational fear of cotton wool - which doesn't bode well when you have children. For those first few weeks when my daughter was born and you're too terrified to use wipes I had to get my husband to change her as I can't touch the stuff.
3. When I was 31 I was driving in London on work business and someone crashed into me in an old green Mercedes - it just happened to be David Walliams.
4. I have quite a famous Uncle but I never talk about it (and never will) because I don't want people to know. Besides, I don't see him anyway and I'm actually really embarrassed about it.
5. Despite being a size 10 I hate my body and don't like myself without clothes. However, that didn't stop me getting so wasted one night on cider, when I was 28, that some guy I was seeing dared me to run down my own street completely naked. And I did.
With that I'm getting rid of this award out of my 'pile of things to do' and passing it on to these suckers (sorry if you've been tagged before and I love you all obviously):
Inside The Wendy House
Anecdotes Of A Manic Mum
Bod For Tea
Choc Orange City Mum
Show & Tell
*swipes hands together* So glad to have rid of that one!