Wednesday 19 January 2011

The Gallery - Mother Nature

This is my first week joining in Tara's (StickyFingers) fab Gallery. This week is entitled 'Mother Nature' and there are some amazing shots out there.  We are in the process of sorting out the office so my trusty Nikon is buried somewhere under a mountain of files, paper and computer bits.  So I'm using an old shot.  Plus it means I don't have to walk over to the local lake with a bag full of bread to tempt a duck over to snap on my phone...I'm so lazy ;-)

Without a majorly impressive zoom lens on my camera (mine was a 55-200mm) this was the best I could do.   This is a Bald Eagle landing on a tree by the side of Maligne Lake which is south of Jasper in the Canadian Rockies.  It was our last 'BIG' holiday before Mini Cheddar was born so it's special in many ways.


Just to put the zoom in perspective, this is the whole scene (you can just make out the eagle sitting on top of the tree on the right):


Looking back through my Canadian trip pictures I'm now thinking I'd like to sub Tallinn from my Places Listography

17 comments:

@jencull said...

That is a stunning photo :) Jen

Anonymous said...

Fabulous eagle shot, it's really stunning there...

Tatjana said...

Great photo!! And you've been to Tallinn ... *envy*

..:.lab.:.. said...

That is an impressive zoom! Great pics. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Interestingly my photo was taken on our last 'big' holiday before baby - due March this year, Lx

Emma@christmascupboard said...

Wow! Fab first entry...I love them both! x

Anonymous said...

These are both amazing, but I love the second one. It's breathtaking.

Nic's Notebook said...

Great photos - love the way the 2nd one shows the whole view of the scenery. The eagle is impressive, well done for being quick on the zoom and capturing it!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic shots! I love the light and the colours, and to have captured the eagle too, brilliant!

Sarah said...

So very beautiful and full of special meaning personally; as my hubbie and I visited that very spot on our honeymoon in 1999! Such majestic beauty and a natural spirituality to the stunning landscapes there. Thanks for reminding me (and that's a great zoom!!!).

Marylin said...

Wow! What an experience! I'd love to go to Canada one day. My mum was born out there, and apparently I have some family in Vancouver too, though I haven't seen them since I was too young to remember. :)

Jenny said...

Lovely photos! Great first entry t the gallery x

Trish@Show and Tell said...

Catching the eagle in flight like that is really amazing. They are majestic birds.

And the second photo is just so beautiful....I am all overcome with Canada-envy.

x

Kerry said...

They are stunning photos wow xx

SeaThreePeeO said...

Wow! They are truly stunning photographs!

Unknown said...

Thank you all :)

Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Love Canada, went there on Honeymoon. The Eagles were amazing. Thanks for the reminder!

JallieDaddy said...

Stunning photos! I've never been to Canada, but it's been on my list for a long time now. A great debut!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...