Tuesday 2 October 2012

A Risky Business

I'm taking a bit of a risk writing this post.

Some of you may have seen that my activity on my blog (and Twitter and Instagram) has been almost non-existent over the past 2-3 weeks. Once again, I apologise.

Well, you remember back in early Spring, Matt was searching for a new job?

Yes?

It was a search that took him off to America when I was heavily pregnant. A search that eventually ended up with him starting a new job in early June.

For a while everything was rosy.

But then a few weeks ago, just after a weeks break in Tenby, it all turned pretty sour.

I won't go into details because I don't want to be accused of bad-mouthing the company...just in case. Although I've never divulged the name of the company on my blog. You can't be too careful though, you never know who's reading!

The upshot of all this is that Matt quit his job just over 2 weeks ago.

For a family of 4, with me earning a very limited salary from a small bit of freelance work, this was a pretty scary decision but one I backed Matt on fully. No great salary or fancy car was worth that. Thankfully we are financially secure enough for him to afford to do it for a while.

We both went through a fair few nights of very little sleep because of the fall-out from his resignation.
It turned a bit nasty. I won't say anymore than that.

Thankfully things are on the up.

Matt had managed to secure an interview within 48 hours of his resignation. He had an interview today, has another one on Thursday and one next week. He's also been headhunted by a direct competitor who heard he'd left and say they want to talk to him about joining them.

I haven't been able to blog about it because we still haven't told Matt's parents yet - Matt wants to tell them in person. Although they don't know about my blog so they wouldn't find out I just felt a bit strange writing about it without them knowing. They were supposed to come up this weekend but they cancelled so it drags on another week. If they do eventually discover my blog and read this then I apologise!

I have been itching to blog about it. Blogging can be a great therapy sometimes. Plus, I really wanted to share it with you guys so you understood why I'd been a little quiet of late.

That should change now.

I'm eager to get back to blogging and reading the blogs I love and I'm also looking forward to attending Blog Camp in a couple of weeks. I was unsure if I'd make it as Tiny Ched has a penchant for boob but the other day, for the first time, he actually took a whole bottle of milk!

This was after a great week of finding out I'd been chosen to be a Cosatto Brand Buddy (I love this brand so SO much) and then scooping the Best Baby Blog Award at The MAD Blog Awards on Friday.

Yes things are definitely on the up!*

My world




*I say this but Mini Cheddar has had some awful sickness bug the past 2 days. Can't win 'um all ;)









34 comments:

Jen Walshaw said...

Everything happens for a reason and family always comes first. When Maxi was 4 months old, he became very unwell and the company that MadDad were very unsympathetic to the point of insisting he went to see a client on the day we were advise that there wasn't much hope for Maxi and to get him baptised. Safe to say, he never went, he resigned and there was a lot of issues, but we got through the hard time. In debt, but together. And we are still together, stronger nad happier all these years later

NewMumOnline said...

Thanks for sharing. I have lots that happens in the marriage department that I never feel comfortable writing. Even writing my Dennis The Menace post today was hard.
I can relate on the job front as I got made redundant on 5th July and am still out of work. Well done him that he has secured an interview and is being head-hunted.
I have only been to one interview and it turned out to be a scam (was quite scared to be honest).
Great blog post and I am glad things are on the up for you and your lovely family.
Liska x

Lauren_W said...

Oh Heather I'm so sorry you've been going through all this. Can't really add much but I really hope the interviews go well xx

Kate C said...

I'm sorry to hear this. I have been in a similar situation. I started a job, it turned into a total nightmare and I woke up in the mornings literally feeling sick about going into work. Eventually, I had to leave for my health because no amount of money was worth all that. I was in a totally different position in that back then I had no children but I was living alone and had just taken on a reasonable mortgage. It was scary but I got through it and it was so much better working for someone else. I really hope he gets something soon but you will come out of this stronger.
Hope you do make it to Blogcamp.

Notmyyearoff said...

Sorry to hear that Heather. Like you say though, nothing is worth that kind of unhappiness. I hope it's come as a relief to all of you and that closing this chapter opens up a much better one for you all. Xx

Looking for Blue Sky said...

What a truly horrible thing to happen, and I have no idea why companies do this :( It sounds as though it was the right decision and I hope something much better is sorted soon x

tinuke said...

Heather, soo sorry to hear about your hubby and his work problems, great to hear he resigned as no job is worth his unhappiness.
Very much hope the interviews he has bears fruit!
Well done on your MAdS awards

WENDY MCDONALD said...

What a worrying time for you. I hope it all works out and Matt lands a job where he can be happy. I look forward to seeing you at Blogcamp. It's been such a long time since we last saw each other! Take care xxx

helen said...

I did wonder if it was something to do with Matt's job, but you know I think everything does happen for a reason & I'm pretty sure that something bigger & better will come out of this. It's great that he has so many interviews lined up, he definitely sounds like a man that won't let the grass grow under his feet. Good luck, it will all work out.
xx

Christina E said...

So sorry it all went wrong - I remember how excited you were when the new opportunity came up. Anyway, I'm very glad things are on the up - and huge congrats on your MADS win (I heard from Diary of a Premmy Mum)! I hope that things settle down for you all xXX

Older Mum said...

Very glad to hear that things are on the up, and congratulations on your MADS win. Sometimes when life gets tough, there's usually a better opportunity around the corner! X.

Gemma said...

am happy things are on the up - sometimes life forces you to make tough decisions but it sounds as if you both very much made the right decision.
well done on the award! Brilliant.
Am really pleased you are going to blog camp - see you there!!!!!

Ramblings Of A Suburban Mummy said...

Tough decision but clearly needed to be made and hopefully sounds like he will be straight back into work. Shame about the car though ;) x

Mama makes said...

awww glad things are on the up Heather. I'm a firm believer in things happening for a reason and this new direction is the one you are meant to take. wishing you all the best. And I'm thrilled you won at the MADs...Well done! xxx

NewMumOnline said...

Thanks so much for 3 comments on my blog - really made my day xx

LauraCYMFT said...

Great to hear things are on the look up for you all. I definitely agree with Mama Makes - things happen for a reason and what is happening is obviously meant to be. Good luck to Matt with his interviews. Hope MC is feeling better, poor girl. And congrats again on your award - well deserved :)

Susan Mann said...

Pleased to hear things are looking up for you. As one door closes another one opens, I believe that. Sorry I didn't get to speak to you on Friday, I meant to seek you out but didn't fine you in the end. Congratulation on your win. Hugs xx

SAHMlovingit said...

Thanks Susan. Don't worry about not speaking to me on Friday...I wasn't there! I couldn't make it. Such a shame as it sounded even better than last year xx

SAHMlovingit said...

Thank you Laura. His interview last Thursday resulted in being offered a job there and then and it's a great opportunity too so we are over the moon x

SAHMlovingit said...

My pleasure Liska. I always try to visit blogs of those who have visited mine :) Lovely to catch up with you again xx

SAHMlovingit said...

Thanks lovely. You're so right. It looks as if this move he's made is a great decision and he only went and landed another job at the end of last week :) xx

SAHMlovingit said...

Haha, the car will be missed - it was a beauty...although it was somewhat HUGE! xx

SAHMlovingit said...

Aw thanks Gemma. Yes, it was definitely the right decision for us. See you Saturday! xx

SAHMlovingit said...

Thank you so much. Looks like it was the right move anyway :) xx

SAHMlovingit said...

Thanks Christina. Things are going great - he's got himself another job and it's a great opportunity. Let's hope this one lasts xxx

SAHMlovingit said...

I know! I can't believe how long it's been - can't wait to see you. Matt has been offered another job now so it's all looking very good. Thanks Wendy xxx

SAHMlovingit said...

Aw thank you lovely. The interviews went well and he got offered a job so we are pretty thrilled! xx

SAHMlovingit said...

Definitely the right decision. He's managed to get an offer of another great job so it's all ended well xx

SAHMlovingit said...

Thanks lovely. It's definitely a move for the better xx

SAHMlovingit said...

Thanks so much for this comment Kate (sorry I've taken so long to respond properly). Urgh, that sounds like such an awful position to be in. I'm so glad it all turned out well. One of Matt's interviews last week turned into a job offer and he's really excited about it so things are good. Hope to see you Saturday x

SAHMlovingit said...

Thanks honey xxx

SAHMlovingit said...

Sorry to hear you were made redundant. Also, a scam? How scary! Have you blogged about it? I hope that you find some work soon lovely xx

SAHMlovingit said...

Sorry I've taken so long to reply to this Jen but thank you - it's such a great comment. It was good to know that people had been through similar experiences and come out well. How awful that you and MadDad went through that when Maxi was so unwell. I'm glad he quit and you got through it and came out better.

grumpinator said...

Hey, sorry to hear you have had all this stress going on! Glad that things are on the up though. Massive congratulations on you MADS win, you deserve it! x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...