Saturday 16 April 2011

My Writing Space

Melinda over at Her Melness Speaks...Out has been asking what people's 'write rooms' look like.  I thought this was a really fantastic way to get to see what surrounds bloggers when they write.  A great chance to be nosey really!

Most of my blogging has been done from the sofa or from my bed! I used to have a desk in the office upstairs but we had a log cabin built in the garden at the end of last year, so as the weather has become warmer over the past weeks, this is where I'm spending most of my time:


The cabin which I call the 'den' is at the bottom of the garden behind the garage and has two rooms.  The back room, through the double doors, (which will become the office) is full of boxes at the moment until we get sorted.  So, the front room is where I will write my 'proper' posts* from.

The TV in the corner (just out of shot) is sat on the side table at the moment so I have to make do with my daughters wooden chair to rest my brew on until the entertainment unit arrives.  The only other things I have are my MacBook Pro, my iPhone and the baby monitor - so I can hear if my daughter wakes up inside in the house.

At the moment this is where I am sat writing this post.  All I can hear are the birds tweeting.  It's bliss!

However, in about 30 minutes my daughter will wake from her nap and this picture will be littered with toys.

Head over to Mel's place and have a nosey around everyone's writing space...you know you want to!

*My ramblings that I slot frantically between the Silent Sunday, Movie Meme, The Gallery, Flashback Friday!

12 comments:

Lady Estrogen said...

Mine looks like a rubbish tip at the moment - a true reflection of my brain.

New Mum Online said...

That is so gorgeous - you're dead lucky xxxx

Unknown said...

Haha Lady E....it's all the bitching at bad drivers making you nuts!

Thanks Liska. I do love it. We got it done instead of moving house as we couldn't afford to do that.

scribblingmum said...

You're SO lucky, I love the idea of a log cabin. My picture would be my sofa with a huffy husband on the sofa opposite! hee hee

HerMelness Speaks said...

SERIOUSLY jealous now. No, I’m not joking. How absolutely lovely. Don’t be surprised if a few of us don’t join you one day. Thank you for sharing this much at least for now!

Unknown said...

Caroline - you HAVE to link up your space now...just so we can all see his huffy face ;)

Melinda - doors are always open to you! I'll get the kettle on!

Emma@christmascupboard said...

Oh lovely...I want a log cabin for my sewing room. We have built the base but thats as far as we got now there is talk of turning it into a BBQ area instead! Typical men thinking with their Bellies, lol! x

Frankie Parker said...

What a great space.

Lauren said...

As if I wasn't jealous enough, now I'm even more jealous! xx

Rachel said...

What a peaceful writing nook - something about birds tweeting outside that helps the words along.
~M

Unknown said...

Sorry I made some of you jealous. If you can spare a little bit of cash I would say get one, it's really lovely to have that space away from the house - great to escape to :)

jessies_online said...

oh I love your log cabin, I want one... but as you say it's not really for this time of the year is it.
x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...