Wednesday, 25 May 2011

The Gallery - My Backyard

Blimey, is it Wednesday already?  Where are the weeks going?

I know I've been saying the past couple of weeks that I wasn't going to join in with The Gallery but this week was definitely going to be the week. Yeah yeah, I failed again.

By the way...did anyone else snigger childishly at the theme of 'My Backyard' (metaphorically speaking)? Just me then? Moving on...

I wasn't going to join in this week as my backyard is not that exciting.  Basically I'm no Alan Titchmarsh (I would say Charlie Dimmock but I wear a bra) and I really dislike gardening. My fingers aren't in the slightest bit green. We have a fairly large back garden but it's mainly just grass and patio. Oh and the 'den'.  I have a few pots with some crappy flowers in it but that's about it.

So, I ran out in the garden yesterday afternoon and snapped these. At least I joined in and I can sleep at night (damn you Tara for causing my Gallery addiction).

My lawn up close

Flowers in a pot

More flowers in a pot


Now head on over and check out all the other entries...

26 comments:

mummymummymum.com said...

Fab photos as usual! x

Michelle Twin Mum said...

Beautiful photos, you are very talented. Mich x

Mrs Worthington said...

you might not be green fingered but you take cracking photos

Mirka said...

Nice shots, very colourful ;) @Kahanka

christinemosler said...

*rests chin in hands* very pretty, lovely pics!

Inside the Wendy House said...

I love the grass shot...*resists urge to make lady garden references*

Mummy Mishaps aka Jenny Paulin said...

Great photos as always. Like you I didn't think I would join in this week due to my awful backyard. But, like you, I am addicted so took a different take on the theme!
Ps. Yes I sniggered too "backyard" hee hee :)
Xx

TheBoyandMe said...

I love snapdragons and hollyhocks. Lovely photos.

Reluctant Housedad said...

I really like the worm's eye view of these shot. Very effective.

The syders said...

Cute photos...atleast your grass is green. Its been sooooo dry here that mine is brown, lol. Love the colour of your den x

Trish @ Mum's Gone to... said...

Agree with The Syders - you must have had some rain round your way!You're doing well for someone not keen on gardening - it looks lovely.

helloitsgemma said...

wonderful photos - I love it that you can't resist the Gallery.
ps. I was the same this week, and then at 9 o'clock last night, I HAD to write a post!!!

Vickie said...

Great photos Heather x

farawayme said...

You might not have green fingers but you take lovely photos! :)

Sarah @ Catching the Magic said...

The snippets of your backyard seen through your lense are very pretty indeed :)

Katie aka @mummydaddyme said...

Beautiful photos as usual hun. I also really dislike gardening! xx

Jacq said...

Grass, flowers- what more do you need? That's definitely a back yard.

Laura said...

I hate gardening...you'd love my garden LOL. Though flowers are really beautiful to look at!

Sarah aka MOIxx said...

Wow - great photos!

Funky Wellies said...

Gorgeous photos, my favourite is the first one, makes me want to walk on that grass!

tiddlyompompom said...

I love these photos. And the colour of your house is so cool :)

multiplemummy said...

Gorgeous Photo's Sam, always love it that you have joined in! Sorry I have not been about much lately! Going to catch up now. x

ESTWILL @ Edspire said...

Lovely pictures, the first one is my favourite x

Kizzy said...

Your gardens lovely.

Kate Davis-Holmes said...

Not bad for someone who dislikes gardening.
I have joined in but not many flowers in my backyard

Janet said...

Feel lucky with your grass! I long for a lawn so bad and your photo is making it much worse!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...