Thursday 20 February 2014

Amelie - The Perfect Travel Bag From Mia Tui

Last year I bought a Matilda Mae bag from Mia Tui.

I loved it instantly.

Not just because by purchasing it I knew that 10% would go direct to The Lullaby Trust in memory of Matilda Mae but it was, quite simply, a lovely handbag. I was also sent the Lottie bag free which is great small strap across handbag which I find perfect for days out.

I loved it so much I raved about it on all forms of social media and friends and family bought one too.

So when I heard Mia Tui were looking for bloggers to review their gorgeous range of bags I just had to volunteer.

I was sent the absolutely beautiful Amelie which was originally designed as a large travel bag (Mia Tui also do the Minnie Amelie - a slightly smaller version more suitable for women under 5ft 5") and it did not disappoint. I asked for the 'Teal' colour as, when ordering my Matilda Mae bag last year, I was torn between the Aubergine and Teal. I eventually went for the Aubergine.

The Amelie Teal colour is just beautiful. Really vibrant and stands out. It also looks amazing with the bright pink interior.

Which leads me on nicely to the inside of the bag. It is brilliant! Roomy, practical and the attention to detail is just fantastic.

What makes the interior of the Amelie bag so unique is that it contains lots of different interior
photo: miatui.com
pockets and also comes with smaller bags inside - 2 clear PVC bags and a purse style bag that matches the colour of the Amelie. This means you can pretty much tailor make the bag to suit your requirements of usage. What's more, all the bags are waterproof inside and out.

I tried to get a really good photograph of the interior but it didn't do it justice like this one (left) from the Mia Tui website.

There's a large insulated water-bottle holder which is perfect for also holding an umbrella. There are many interior pockets as well as a handy clip for attaching your keys - meaning you'll never be rummaging around the bottom of your bag looking for them again. It also has a great phone holder and pen holders so you won't lose these items in your bag either.

The PVC bags contained within the Amelie are airline compliant which makes them great for putting your small bottles of liquids for aircraft carry-on. They can also be used for different things if you need them to.

I had the perfect job for the Amelie which makes my review even better…

I took it away with me on a hen weekend to London a couple of weeks ago (for those who don't know - I live in North Wales)!

I do have to admit I was worried that I wouldn't fit all I needed for 2 nights away. I also really worried about taking a shoulder bag all that way on the train and carrying it through central London on the underground tube. I knew that the other 9 girls I was travelling with were all taking wheeled suitcases. I was that worried that I also decided not to take the Amelie  But I did and I was glad I did.

Not only did the Amelie fit everything I needed for 2 nights away - including a pair of jeans, a pair of leggings, 4 going out tops (I needed back-ups!), 2 jumpers, underwear, a pair of shoe boots, all toiletries, make-up, hair straighteners AND a bottle of fizz! It was brilliant. I was really excited by the colour of the bag, so much so that I had my nails painted to match!

I needn't have worried about the fact it was a shoulder bag (it also comes with one long shoulder strap which I didn't take with me) as it was so comfortable. In fact, I think it was easier than having a wheeled suitcase as some of the girls struggled with them on escalators. The bag didn't ache my shoulder at all on the journey there and back and I really can't wait to use it for the wedding this weekend. Matt and I are staying over at a hotel and I cannot wait. This week has been emotionally challenging and I'm looking forward to letting my hair down and spending some time with my husband and my friends. And I'm thrilled the Mia Tui Amelie will be joining me!

The Amelie is priced at £63* but Mia Tui have a whole range of amazing bags and purses starting from just £15*.

So, if you're after a new bag (or even if you don't need one - but then what girl never needs a new bag?) then head over and check out the amazing range that Mia Tui offer.

Not only that, you can use my unique code 'SAHM15' to get a 15% discount on your order. How great is that? Just add your code to the discount box during the check-out process and you'll receive the discount.


I was sent the Baby Mia Tui Amelie 
but all photographs (apart from image credited above), 
words, views and opinions are entirely my own.
I also receive no financial gain whatsoever from the discount code -
it purely benefits you lovely readers.

*prices correct at time of writing

5 comments:

LauraCYMFT said...

That's a gorgeous bag, I really love the colour!

northernmum said...

Lovely Mrs. The colour is fabxx

northernmum said...

Lovely Mrs. The colour is fabxx

Looking for Blue Sky said...

I am really tempted to get another one! The hardest part is choosing :)

Bacon Recipes said...

Great reading yoour blog post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...