Friday 7 January 2011

Reasons To Be Cheerful...1, 2, 3

Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy with a Heart


The lovely Michelle from Mummy From The Heart has started a new blog hop called Reasons to be Cheerful 1, 2, 3.  You can read about it on her blog here.

So what 3 reasons have I got to be cheerful about today?  I certainly don't feel that cheerful, my hormones are raging (ain't that mother nature a b***h every month) but I can be thankful for some small things.

1. It's Friday

I love Fridays for a number of reasons.  Being a SAHM I thought I'd never really be as happy for it to be Friday as I was when I was working full-time, but I am.  Friday is the day my husband (usually) winds down from his busy working week and I know that we have 2 days to look forward to where we aren't interrupted by business emails or phone calls.  He works from home and it can be quite annoying.  Friday is also the day my Mum & Dad have my daughter in the morning.  I miss her so much but it makes my parents so happy and also gives me some proper 'me' time - usually spent cleaning though :(

2. It's snowing - a lot

After the bad weather in December I should dislike it but I've always loved the snow.  Even when I had to do a long commute to get to work I would never hate it.  Sure, it causes problems on the road etc. but it's just so beautiful.  It will never fail to cheer me up.

3. Mini-break

Those who know me know I love travel.  Sadly our days of traveling Route 66 across the USA in a cabriolet or seeing the Northern Lights in the Arctic Circle are over (for now anyway) but we still like to get away from home when we can.  I'm not sure we will get to have a proper holiday this year but for now I get to choose a two night break thanks to my Mum & Dad.  It's a Christmas present from them.  They got us one last year and we spent a couple of lovely nights in the Cotswolds.  Today we are going to decide where we are off to this year.

So, what are your 3 reasons to be cheerful?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous list! I must admit I envy your mimi-break. We haven't had one since 2008 and we are way overdue!

Enjoy your snow!

QWERTY Mum said...

Friday - always a good reason to be cheerful :)

MichelleTwinMum said...

Good for you doing this, even though you did not feel positive.

Have you decided where to go yet. Each year my Mum & Dad look after our kids so we can go away too - I love it and am so thankful.

Have a great weekend. Mich x

MichelleTwinMum said...

Ohh I meant to say, lovely new header too. Mich x

Unknown said...

Thanks Ladies :)

Mich - we picked Bath as I've never been and hubby has only been briefly for a work meeting. We are taking the little terror with us though.
Have a lovely weekend too x

ella said...

This is a lovely list. I hope you enjoy your break. We've only managed one night away in nine years so we must do it again soon!

Anonymous said...

Having those breaks is important, just a change of scenery can often make a world of difference. Quite a lot of blogs I've read today state how much they love Fridays!!

Have a great weekend.
CJ xx

Unknown said...

Thanks Ella and CJ. Get a break booked Ella - you deserve one!
Have great weekends x

mrsnesbitt said...

Oh somebody else having more snow! Here in North Yorkshire we have certainly had more than our fair share! Yesterday we had to travel to Pontefract re business and once again the snow fell - fortunately hubby was driving and it cleared as we headed home. My first visit to Reasons to be cheerful via Chrystal - nice to meet you.

Anonymous said...

Thats a great list. I love the snow too. I'm a teacher and when it started snowing on friday we abandoned the lesson for 5 minutes to watch it! Was gutted when it melted though!
XxX

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

Seems like some great reasons :)

<3, New Follower

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...