Thursday 4 July 2013

The BabaSling Lite - The Perfect Travel Companion

In a mad panic before our recent holiday I took took to Twitter (my saviour for advice) wondering if anyone could recommend a great baby wearing sling or carrier for our Florida trip.

You see, I'm not a baby wearer. It just doesn't come that naturally to me. Maybe I've just been unlucky with my carrier choices.

4 years ago, when MC was born, we bought an all-singing, all dancing carrier. It was one that could be worn in many different ways. MC hated it. I hated it. It was difficult to set up and when it was, MC just wasn't happy in it at all. Not on my back, or my front. I ended up selling it unused.

I tried a new one when TC was born last year but neither of us got on with that either.

With the forthcoming holiday I knew a sling would come in really handy though. Anyone who's travelled to Orlando International Airport with a small child will know that the layout of it doesn't favour those with buggies/strollers and, with TC still not able to walk unaided at this point, it made sense to try and find an appropriate sling. Also, I was unsure of what the queue times for the theme park rides would be. We'd have to leave the buggy in the designated 'stroller parks' whilst queuing and I didn't fancy the idea of having to carry TC for a huge amount of time.

Well, as usual, Twitter came to my rescue. There were a few slings and carriers that were mentioned but one that kept being mentioned and looked fabulous - just what I was after. Then, as luck would have it, the people at BabaSling were alerted by tweets from people recommending and asked if we'd like to review the BabaSling Lite.

Hurrah!

It sounded perfect for our holiday so we thought we'd put it to the test. What better test for a sling designed for travel? A 3 week holiday in Florida.

At Orlando International Airport
So, we picked a gorgeous turquoise colour sling (there are 5 more to choose from too) and it arrived super quick so we were able to give it a go before the holiday.

As soon as I opened it I knew it was going to be great. The material (100% breathable cotton) was lovely and the colour was stunning. It also comes in a carry bag too.

Tiny Ched took to it straight away and I loved the simplicity of it. A few adjustments (the tutorial videos are excellent) and we were pros in a matter of minutes. I actually felt like a 'baby wearer' for the first time in over 4 years. The sling has 5 different carry positions but, I have to say, that 'side saddle' works best for both of us given TC's age. It can be used up to 2 years - I just wish I'd found it sooner! As someone who breastfed it would have been brilliant as you can breastfeed discreetly with it too.

Loving the sling in the Florida sun
As the BabaSling Lite is more lightweight than the BabaSling Classic and the BabaSling Cozy it's perfect for doing jobs around the house with a clingy little one. Thankfully TC is happy to just follow me around the house but to test the BabaSling out before the holiday we tried it out. He was more than happy to be in it and I loved having him so close as he loves cuddles.

Queuing at The Magic Kingdom
The sling really came into it's own on holiday though. It was perfect for the airport. We whizzed through immigration and on the trams, up escalators  and to baggage claim with ease with him in the sling. It was a brilliant start and he didn't get too hot even though the weather in Orlando was baking. We also used it a few times at Disney theme parks - although not as much as I thought as the queues for rides were in our favout.

The BabaSling is my ideal sling. We really love it. And, what's more, it goes in the washing machine with ease and still looks brand new.

It's main use now we are home from holiday is when I need to mow the lawns and I can't have TC (who can now walk perfectly) running everywhere in the garden. He really enjoys mowing the lawn with me.
Mowing the lawns with mummy

I think it's a must have for an extensive travel holiday but also it's great for around the house.

We really wish we'd found it sooner.

The BabaSling Lite retails at £39.99* and can be purchased direct from BabaSling or from other retailers.








  
We were sent the BabaSling Lite to review 
but all photographs, words, views and opinions are entirely my own.

*prices correct at time of writing

1 comment:

Chris said...

Did the sling dig into your shoulder or your neck?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...