Wednesday 31 July 2013

#MeAndMine - A Family Portrait (July)

I missed out on last months Me and Mine as we moved house and were without Internet for a while *weeps a little at the memory*. As it was, we didn't have time to take a family photo anyway as life was hectic - I would have had to use another Florida one taken at the beginning of June.

So, catching up on 2 months worth really. What have we been up to?

The holiday to Orlando was incredible. I finally got my first blog post about children's ages for Disney live the other day. 3 weeks after returning from holiday we moved house. We've been in a month now and...

...we love it here.

I'll be blogging about it at some point but the house is gorgeous. We love having so much room, the neighbourhood is lovely and we've made friends already - so has MC! We are perfectly happy here.

The kids seem to have settled into the new house brilliantly. They are growing up so fast. MC has finished nursery class and will be starting full time school in September. TC is starting to develop his speech more and is fast becoming a keen footballer already.

So, as I said, life has been full on. We don't get a huge amount of time together as a family of 4 anyway as every other weekend we have to see the inlaws (they live in Nottingham) so that always has to be considered when planning anything. This weekend just gone though, with the house pretty much sorted, we decided to have some much overdue family time.

With the weather warm and sunny we packed up a picnic and headed to Greenfield Valley Heritage Park.

I took so many photos of the kids enjoying the grass, the flowers, the abbey ruins and playing football. It was just so lovely to watch them having fun.

It was perfect.

So I decided to set up the timer on the camera to make sure I got a photo of all 4 of us.

It took it.

Then I checked the photo.

I immediately dissolved into a fit of the giggles.

In my rush to set up the photo with us all on the picnic mat I'd forgotten to move the cool bag from in front of TC*.

What appeared on the camera screen was hilarious. Matt and I couldn't stop laughing.

It so looks like TC is actually in the cool bag (he wasn't I must add, he was sat behind it)!

That was it... I'd got my Me and Mine photo instantly. I didn't bother taking another one.

There was no need.

To me, this is perfect and hilarious in equal measures.





*If I'd been even more picky I would've moved the pushchair too :)

dear beautiful

39 comments:

Lauren_W said...

Haha! That is hilarious! I'm glad you decided to use the photo because it's really lovely. Looks like a beautiful picnic spot too xx

Stay At Home Mum ~ In Training said...

Ha I love. It actually made me giggle. Lovely photo. We love going to Greenfield Valley. I ys beautiful xx

Stay At Home Mum ~In Training said...

*its beautiful

Capture by Lucy said...

Hilarious!!!! I adore that photo! xx

My Two Mums said...

Love this!! Proper made me giggle.

Lucy said...

Hahaha, I love this. I often think the stories behind the photos make them. TC looks so cute sitting in the cool bag!!! x

Katie @mummydaddyme said...

I love love love love it Heather and I totally agree that there was no need to take another one. You will treasure this photo and the memory behind it. Xx

SaveEveryStep said...

Brilliant. The best photos are often accidents!

Charlotte said...

I love this and so glad you didn't take another! I really thought he was in the cool bag! :) x

LauraCYMFT said...

Lovely photo! TC really does look like he is the cool bag LOL

Cariemay said...

That's perfect - you'll never be able to look at it without a fit of the giggles!

Emily Beale said...

Yeah for summer picnics! Ah, picture bloopers are the best!

HELEN said...

haha love that - it's like those pics that you see of babies in coffee mugs - could start a new craze - toddlers in cool bags!

Looking for Blue Sky said...

You should have a caption competition for this, it's fab! But actually I think photos like these with a bit of humour are even better, you'll treasure this one for sure xx

would like to be ayummy mummy said...

Glad you've all settled into your new house. You certainly all look happy. It really does look like he's sat in the oil bag haha. Made me giggle too x

Chloe said...

Hehehe, brillant photo. One of my big issues with using a remote/self timer is how much harder it is to check for distractions in the background. I'm always doing the same as you and thinking 'oh damn I should have moved XYZ out of the way'. One day I'll figure it out!

Bex @ The Mummy Adventure said...

Love it! A step on from the babies in mugs photos hehe. gorgeous family x

Becky Arber said...

Hahaha! This is amazing! He really does look like he's in the cool bag!! Glad your house move went so well and you've got the internet. We were without it for three months when we moved and it was rubbish!

Hayley said...

That photo is just amazing, makes me chuckle every time I see it! Glad to hear you are settling it too.

Susanne Remic said...

Haha what an awesome photo! Love it! Can't wait to see you all xxxx

SAHMlovingit said...

Can't wait to see you too. End of June was SOOOO long ago :( xxx

SAHMlovingit said...

Thank you lovely. Makes me chuckle too. I think I'm going to have to print and frame it :)

SAHMlovingit said...

Hehe, thank you :) 3 months? Oh my word! That's terrible. I'd be having serious palpitations ;)

SAHMlovingit said...

Yup, cool bagging instead of mugging. Aw thank you x

SAHMlovingit said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has that problem :)

SAHMlovingit said...

Glad it made you smile :) Thank you x

SAHMlovingit said...

Yes, you're so right. In fact I think I'm going to print it out and frame it for our new family gallery I plan to create xx

SAHMlovingit said...

Cool bagging instead of mugging :) x

SAHMlovingit said...

Aren't they just :)

SAHMlovingit said...

I know - it will always make me laugh :)

SAHMlovingit said...

Thanks hun x

SAHMlovingit said...

If you didn't know you would think he was in it. If you look closely though you can see his foot at the side of it :) x

SAHMlovingit said...

Indeed they are. Thank you :)

SAHMlovingit said...

Thanks hun. Yup, I'm going to print it and frame it for our new family gallery x

SAHMlovingit said...

Glad it made you smile - it cracks me up every time I look at it too :)

SAHMlovingit said...

They do, don't they? I'll have to see what object I can sit him in at the end of this month ;) x

SAHMlovingit said...

Thanks lovely :) Me too x

SAHMlovingit said...

Thanks lovely. We still need to arrange a meet up! I'll DM you on Twitter xx

SAHMlovingit said...

Aw thank you lovely. Yes, it's a great picnic spot. In fact, we returned there this Sunday xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...