I know what we will be doing.
My little family and I will be at the Matilda Mae Welly Walk at Beale Park, Reading.
And we cannot wait!
The day has been planned by Jennie (Edspire) beautifully. She's had so much support and it's so amazing seeing it all coming together.
The day sounds perfect.
Please visit Jennie's blog for the full run-down of what to expect at the Welly Walk. Please also make sure you share this with friends, family, work colleagues, neighbours, strangers...anyone.
But how can you not want to be part of this?
(Please see Jennie's blog for all the details of the sponsors and more!)
- Car seat safety checks and buggy MOT's
- A Men's, Women's and Pre-School Welly Wanging Competitions
- A special pink and purple Matilda Mae entrance
- A musical warm-up before the walk
- A quiz along the walk route
- Bubbles to blow and giant bubbles
- Entertainment and live music throughout the day
- A Music With Mummy Workshop
- CPR demonstration and first aid questions answered
- Lots of fun and so many amazing prizes to be won
- Play with lots of toys, try out some animation or explore online tools
- Play dress-up and have your photo taken in a photo booth
- Eat crepes and enjoy refreshments throughout the day
- Craft activities and face painting
- A special storytelling tent
- A special sparkler farewell
Please help spread the word so we can raise as much money as possible for The Lullaby Trust.
If you can't make the walk, please consider a donation to the Matilda Mae Starlight Fund.
This event is taking place in memory of Matilda Mae who was given her angel wings at the age of just 9 months to the day.
2nd November marks the day she would have been 18 months old.
9 months alive.
9 months gone.
This week marks Baby Loss Awareness Week.
Two words no-one wants to hear but people need to talk more. Together we need to raise awareness. Break the silence. So many families lives are destroyed each year.
Please help the love and support live on.