Tuesday, 8 October 2013

The Bugaboo Buffalo And The 'Bug A Boooooo'

As most of you are aware September ending up being a bit rubbish. A bad case of food poisoning wrote off a big chunk of the month.

The bug had hit me bad.

I thought I was recovered. I was back eating normally for about a week and had just finished taking a course of antibiotics. I had my strength back.

Then wham.

Out of nowhere it came back.

The first I knew about it was the early hours of Wednesday 2nd October. My stomach just didn't feel right and pain kept me awake a lot during the night.

Yummy Bugaboo cupakes
Yummy Bugaboo cupcakes
The lovely people at Bugaboo had invited me and some other bloggers to a special event in Manchester that day between 3-6pm.

By 4/5am with very little sleep I didn't think I'd make it.

I was gutted.

But by 10am I was feeling okay, just mainly tired from lack of sleep so TC and I headed off there in the afternoon.

It was great to meet Alice and Julie. They are genuinely such lovely ladies. The Bugaboo pushchairs and products are amazing and I was totally in love. We were given a demo of the brand new Bugaboo Buffalo which was released in the U.K. in September and every one of us longed for it I think. There were cupcakes and bubbly (although I stuck to water) and it was lovely to see old friends and meet some new ones but I knew I wasn't right. I felt spaced out. I felt tired. I just knew something was going to happen.

We all filled out competition forms for the chance to win a brand new Bugaboo Buffalo. I almost didn't fill mine out as I never win competitions. As much as I wanted the Buffalo I didn't think I stood a chance of actually winning it.

Bugaboo Buffalo
TC loving pushing the new Bugaboo Buffalo
TC had a whale of a time though. He loved pushing the Bugaboo Buffalo through the showroom and he got to eat some cake too. So it was no wonder that he screamed when I put him back in his pushchair to come home.

"I think he's not happy it's not a Bugaboo" I joked.

I left early and after an exhausting 2 hour drive (it normally takes about 50 minutes!) I arrived back home and collapsed.

3 or so hours later I started to feel unwell again so I took to my bed.

By 1am the searing pain in my abdomen woke me up.

I spent the rest of the night on the sofa writhing around in pain. I didn't know what to do. I felt like I just wanted to rip out my insides. I quietly wept.

A lot.

When Matt came downstairs at 7am he went mad telling me how I should've woken him. I didn't want to though as I knew one of us would need to function the next day and he's dreadful if he misses a little bit of sleep. I think it's a man thing.

He rang the doctor at 8am.

Appointment for 10.30am.

By 11.30am we'd been told to pack a bag and get to hospital to check it wasn't anything more sinister.

Hospital drip
Double drip
A drip of fluids and painkillers for the afternoon and I was sent home later that evening with some strong co-codamol to manage the pain. They, through blood tests had ruled out an inflamed appendix and diverticulosis thankfully.


Dosed up.

I still didn't sleep well.

Although the pain had lessened it still kept me awake.


A new day.

I was out of it on painkillers and slept on and off most of the morning. There was a missed call on my mobile about 10am. No message.

I didn't ring it back.

I spent the day like a zombie.

5pm. My phone rings again. Same number.

"Ignore it" said Matt "You're not well".

I answered it.

It was Alice from Bugaboo.

She had news!

I had only gone and won the Bugaboo Buffalo!

There may have been a few tears in my eyes when I heard her tell me. I never really win anything and to win after the up and down few weeks I'd had was amazing.

I am absolutely thrilled and we can't wait to get it. They are in huge demand at the moment so we have to wait a few weeks but just knowing that it will be ours is fabulous! I will let you know what we think when we test drive it for the first time.

As for the 'bug'.... Well, about 2 hours or so after Alice rang me I ended up back at hospital on another drip as the pain came back worse than ever but thoughts of the Bugaboo got me through ;-) *

I don't want to talk illness anymore I just want to dream lovely Bugaboo dreams.

Isn't she beautiful?

* I'm actually feeling much better and at the time of posting this I've been painkiller free for over 38 hours and today I'm going to try eating some normal food. Thank you to all of you who sent well wishes. I will catch up on your comments and blogs this week, I promise.


socmediamamas said...

Well done you! This is totally surreal..... I have a Bugaboo Cameleon and have done for four years. The other night I had a dream about folding it down as a one piece and sticking it in the boot of my car (sad reflection of my life that a pushchair even featured in my dreams)........ I wonder if I have maybe seen that promo video somewhere before in a sleep deprived haze!!!!
Anyway enjoy it, looks fab.

Susanne Remic said...

Aw I am so glad you won it! Not jealous at all ;) xxx

SAHMlovingit said...

You can push it every time we meet up :) xx

SAHMlovingit said...

Thank you! How funny is that dream you had? Crazy what we dream about sometimes :)

Ruth Davies said...

I am SO pleased you won! Happy Bugaboo-ing! xxxx


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...