Tuesday 25 October 2011

You Know You're Pregnant When...*

You can't walk around Asda for 15 minutes without gagging at certain foods.

Open my food cupboards and these fall out...
I'll be looking like a Fruit Mento soon
You are addicted to eating fruit Mentos.

You drop a fruit Mento in the footwell of your car whilst driving and almost cry.

People keep telling you how big you're getting and you don't (most of the time) feel like punching them in the face.

You think nothing of putting chilli jam on a roast beef sandwich.

You sit and eat pickled onions straight from the jar.

You put the butter dish in the bin and some rubbish in the fridge.

You're in bed before 8pm on a Friday night.

You're still in your dressing gown at 11am and don't feel guilty about it.

You see some gorgeous Autumn outfits in the shop just because you know you can't buy them.

You have to have a lie down after doing anything that involves standing up for more than 30 minutes.

You can't watch a game show without getting emotionally involved with the contestants and sobbing like a baby when they win/lose.

You find yourself standing by yourself looking down and wondering if it's the last time you'll see your feet.

Your husband surprises you with a plan to go to Florida on holiday 3 months before the new baby arrives and you aren't sure you want to go.

You scream hysterically at your husband if he gets himself a chocolate/biscuit/cake without getting you one.

Your craving for meat is that bad that you can't drive past a McDonalds without using the drive thru to just grab a Sausage McMuffin or Big Mac.

Your craving for meat is that bad that you make your husband go to the 24 hour McDonalds at midnight.

You don't really care that there are actually 565 calories and a shit load of salt in a Double Sausage McMuffin as long as you get your fix.

Your chin resembles that of a 15 year old McDonalds worker because of all the crap you're eating.

You have to run out to the shop to buy a cabinet full of spot treatment.

You visit the toilet for a pee more than 7 times in a couple of hours during the night.

You are tempted to take your pillow and duvet into the ensuite and sleep on the loo to save getting up.

You use the fact you have a pregnancy related 'illness' to get out of having sex.




* Okay, so these are all ME but I just had to share





21 comments:

Notmyyearoff said...

Haha!!! I craved so many lamb chops when I was pregnant i'm sure people felt a shortage. And they had to have a big rim of fat. Lots and lots of fat.. Ewww! But I really couldn't get enough. OH drove me around lots just so I could smell them, eat them and then lick my fingers.

Emma said...

I recognise a fair few of those. Especially the last one :-))

mummydaddyme said...

Haha, I love how we are both having these realisations in posts at the moment- I think we are painting a particularly good picture of pregnancy and motherhood! ;)  I particularly love the one about the 15 year old Mcdonald worker!  Most amusing! x

Alice Harold said...

Nope, not just you - I counted 17 of these that I am also experiencing!!!!!

Mari said...

Awwww bless you one mega, super big hug coming your way (did you really put the rubbish in the fridge?) Maybe you've hit on a new invention of bed over loo? Not sure it'll take off but by the end of your pregnancy I'm sure you'll have worked something out
Big smiles from me xxx

Blue Sky said...

You go off coffee....and you're a coffee junkie (I had to substitute cola, but it just wasn't the same and my caffeine-deprived head was so so sore...)

Hope you get to the blooming stage soon xx

PhotoPuddle said...

Shhh, I'm pretending I haven't just read how many calories there are in the McMuffins.
I am nearly 14 weeks and can't believe my love/hate relationship with food at the moment. I am so hungry all the time and can't stop eating but also going anywhere near the fridge or going near the food in a supermarket makes me feel sick!
Oh and why when you're pregnant do you never crave healthy food? I've never eaten as many sweets as I have in the past few weeks! 

Aly said...

The smell of meat made me heave.I even through out perfectly good ham when pregnant with number two as (to me) it stank so much.I craved prawn mayo sandwiches, custard, tuna mayo and beetroot sandwiches, milk and fizzy shoe lace sweets.

Lisa said...

Ha ha yes to a lot of those except the McDonalds. Meat was a huge turn off for me. Hated the smell of it cooking and eating it was hit and miss some days. I went through loads of packs of Werthers which I don't normally eat and a huge YES to pickled onions, by the jar with a hunk of cheese. Lush x

northernmum said...

Oh my god, I do half of those and I am not pregnant!

God I better not be pregnant

*runs off to pee on a stick*

SAHMlovingit said...

Congrats ;)

SAHMlovingit said...

My friend went off meat completely too.  Funny how our bodies are all so different :) x

SAHMlovingit said...

Ooooh fizzy shoe lace sweets om nom nom!

SAHMlovingit said...

It's crazy isn't it how we crave all the bad stuff.

Yeah whatever you do, don't check out all the calories in McDonalds food (not to mention the salt!) - outrageous!

SAHMlovingit said...

Yes! I'm off tea and coffee although I did manage half a cup of tea last week as I really fancied it.

Feeling much better now thanks :) xx

SAHMlovingit said...

*runs off to Dragons Den*

xx

SAHMlovingit said...

*breaths a sigh of relief* 

:)

SAHMlovingit said...

Oh honestly Katie, my chin is just vile...this time last week I wouldn't leave the house I was so embarrassed by it :( xx

SAHMlovingit said...

*whispers* It's not just when I'm pregnant either ;)

SAHMlovingit said...

Hahaha that's brilliant....although the thought of eating lamb fat is making me a little queasy :(

Aly said...

The smell of meat made me heave.I even through out perfectly good ham when pregnant with number two as (to me) it stank so much.I craved prawn mayo sandwiches, custard, tuna mayo and beetroot sandwiches, milk and fizzy shoe lace sweets.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...