Thursday 15 September 2011

Time For Play School (and some more funnies)

All dressed for play school
I seem to be saying this a lot lately but sorry for my lack of blog and Twitter action lately. My life is just so full on with a million and one things which doubled with Matts birthday this weekend. We went to Chester Zoo on Monday but more about that next week!

Anyway, I thought I'd give you a quick update.

This week Mini Cheddar finally started play school.

I thought I'd be an emotional wreck but I was actually alright - weirdly enough I just filled up a bit when I went to collect her.

Mini Cheddar had been looking forward to play school since July when she had a little taster of it before the school term finished. When the day finally arrived this Wednesday she could hardly contain herself and was so eager to get out of the house - the excitement even continued in the car.

"I'm going to Play School!"
She settled in fine and I felt more than happy leaving her there for 2 and a half hours.

When I came to collect her she was sat facing the door with all the other children, all wearing their coats and with their bags. She was full of excitement about what she had done and eaten. I could have cried. She came out with a collection of paintings and talked about it for the rest of the day.

She's back there next Monday and we are both very excited about it. Her, because she gets time away from Mummy and gets a chance to play and interact with other children without me. Me, because I love seeing her new found independence blossom.

Lots of play school painting





Speaking of independence, whilst blogging I need to share a few more gems Mini Cheddar has come out with recently.

(talking about The Lion King)
MC: I love Simba and Daddy Lion
Me: Daddy Lion is called Mufasa
MC: I love Simba and Move Faster




(remembering when we went to the opticians with my Mum)
MC: We went there with Grandma
Me: How do you remember that? It was about a year ago!
MC: Grandad didn't come
Me: No, he didn't
MC: He was playing golf
Me: (laughing) He probably was
MC: Grandad always plays golf!

(MC passes me something I asked for)
Me: Thank you sweetie
MC: It was my pleasure Mummy

Looking forward to catching up with you all over the next week to see what you've been up to. I've missed reading your blogs!

8 comments:

Multiple Mummy said...

And we have missed you lovely! So glad that mini cheddar is loving pre-school! Noah loves going to his too! Great Artwork. xx

Talesofataitai said...

Loving the Lion King reference!! And so glad your little MC has enjoyed her new adventures at play group! She's so cute ;) xx

jessies_online said...

ah MC sounds so adorable! I'm glad she enjoyed playschool x

Blue Sky said...

Lol at Move Faster, I bet he does too!  I think it is an emotional moment when you realise that they are ready for a bit of independence from you  - my 18 year old has finally asked to stay home - alone - when I take the other two to Wales, and I can't believe she won't be coming with me!

Mummyandthebeastie said...

I am glad MC enjoyed play school, it's lovely to see them enjoy all the activities there. She is such a bright little button isn't she, she must crack you up so much with what she comes out with sometimes...so sweet :-) xx

workinglondonmummy said...

how lovely to hear all is well. I think the summer hols are always a bit harder to keep up blogging and commenting arent they.
Anyhow glad it went well with preschool x

Emma said...

I'm glad she is settling in so well. Sounds like you have a very happy and confident little girl! :-)

Raviteja Trellis said...

nice post thanks for sharing Play School in Tolichowki

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...