Tuesday 31 December 2013

#MeAndMine - A Family Portrait…The Blogiversary Edition (December)

Today marks the day I started blogging.

3 years ago!

Such a lot has happened in those 3 years.

Good and bad.

2013 has been a strange year.

Personally it's been good. Apart from a bad bout of food poisoning which wiped most of September and October out we've had another amazing holiday to Orlando and we also moved to our dream house. We love it here SO much.

I've also struggled though. Struggled to make sense of a cruel world. Struggled to know some of my best friends, close friends and fellow bloggers have been going through such unbearably hard times. 2013 has been such a hard year for so many.

I've tried to stay grounded for the sake of Matt and the kids but it's been hard. 

I've been torn between feeling so low because of all that's happened and trying to make our lives more fun and exciting - creating more memories. I still struggle with this a lot.

The lovely Lucy from Dear Beautiful started Me And Mine at the beginning of the year and I was lucky enough to discover it in April. It's my favourite linky of all time. Such a simple idea but one that makes such you capture complete family moments forever. Memories are what matter and I know that now.

I've thought about quitting on my blog but I just can't. I started this blog as somewhere to document my thoughts, my life, my world. If something was to happen to me I want this little piece of me to live on.

3 years and 420 posts later I'm still here.

I have plans for my blog. Plans to document the life of my kids more. Plans to talk more about our lives, our home, our future. Plans to blog more. Plans to join back in with Silent Sunday. I hope I make those plans a reality.

You know, in 3 years of blogging I've never written about Christmas. Not once.

That makes me feel really sad.

We had a lovely Christmas Day this year. There were 10 of us. Yes, it was hectic. Yes, it was noisy. Yes, it was hard work. But despite this it was lovely. We were two families brought together by Matt and I and the kids. We made some lovely memories that I will treasure.

It was perfect.

I had plans to ask someone to take a family photo of us on Christmas Day but it didn't happen. I forgot in all the busyness of it all. So, these photos were taken yesterday (I know, I know…nothing like leaving it to the last minute!). I've been suffering with a bad cough/cold and MC has had a bad cough too. But we're happy.

They are the last photos of our little family in 2013 so despite them not being perfect to the outside world - they are perfect to me.




dear beautiful

Now head over to the lovely Lucy's blog for Me & Mine end of year loveliness 

15 comments:

Lucy said...

Ahhh, I love these photos Heather. Hanging a kid upside down is my husbands signature move, he'll be so glad to have found a kindred spirit.
Thank-you for being Me and Mine's biggest fan. You are so totally on board with the reason it started in the first place, and it's the best thing I've done as a result of blogging. Like you, I want my blog to be a time capsule of our lives so that if anything happened we could always have these memories recorded.
x

sabrina montagnoli said...

They are so perfect! the one of him hanging upside down is CLASSIC!

Caro Davies said...

So lovely — you look really happy! I especially love the last one!! :)

Caroline said...

These are lovely shots. I especially love the bottom one! I too have plans for my blog in the new year, and I totally get where you are coming from with what you say. Here's to a good 2014!

Charlotte said...

lovely photos, the last one made me giggle! Hope you are alright and hope 2014 is a wonderful year for you! x

My Two Mums said...

Love the last photo!! Looks like you had fun taking it.

Lauren_W said...

2013 really has been full of ups and downs for you and I really hope 2014 is so much better.

One of my highlights of 2013 was meeting you, and I'm so glad you will be blogging more next year. I've really missed you, you were one of the first blogs I started reading and my first proper blogging friend.
I love these photos, particularly the last one. TC is hilarious!

Happy Blogiversary xx

Hurrah for gin said...

That last picture is just brilliant!! :)

mummydaddyme said...

Happy New Year to you Heather, I hope that 2014 is a happier year for you. I love the photos, it's been a pleasure reading your blog for so long. x

LauraCYMFT said...

Happy new year when it comes! Lovely photos of you all.

Me , The Man & The Baby said...

What beautiful family shots!!! Happy New Year lovely!! x x

Chloe said...

I'm with you - blogging in 2013 has been a bit of a weird one. Here's to blogging for yourself and writing whatever makes you happy in 2014 : )

Mary at Keynko said...

Love the pictures - they really capture the spirit of the family!

Lisa said...

Happy new year lovely lady! Love the photos, especially the last one, and here's to seeing you in 2014! xxx

Molly said...

Love these pics - although is it bad that the last one is my favourite?! I also plan to document more family memories this year. It's funny how a new year can make us re-evaluate things isn't it? Happy new year. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...